I’m not a finicky flyer by any means. I’m small (5′ 2″ on a good day) and I’m bendy enough to curl up in an airplane seat and sleep for at least a little while (thank you, yoga!). In fact, I really like to fly – it’s one of the few places left where you can go where nobody can bother you about work or harass you with texts!
That being said, there are a few necessities I must have in order to enjoy a flight to the fullest. Here’s what I’ll be bringing with me on tonight’s flight to New York:
1. Eye mask. Even if it’s a short flight, the white noise of the plane and the semi-darkness always lulls me to sleep. I love to nap – LOVE it – so an eye mask helps me stay asleep when I inevitably drift off.
2. Chapstick and lotion. My skin gets so dry in the recycled air, I feel like I’m slathering product on the whole flight. Without it, I feel dry and gross.
3. A warm blanket or scarf. I have a giant plaid fleece scarf from Gap last season and it’s the perfect double as a blanket because it’s so big!
4. Peppermint tea. I ask for hot water and pop the teabags in to instantly relax.
5. My nook! It doesn’t replace books by any means, but I read seven books on a trip to London and Paris last year, all on the nook. It’s a lifesaver.
What do you bring on the plane?