September and October always make me long for college. I mean, a lot of things make me long for college – like when I have to take my stretchy pants off in the morning instead of leave them on all day, for example – but Autumn especially. Remember crunching across campus in a fetching new sweater, holding your books to your chest and glancing sidelong at boys like in 1950? Or wearing plaid because it was adorable and collegiate, and not because you were trying to look like you just got back from Coachella? OR freezing your butt off at cold football games, but not putting on a jacket because it clashed with your giant sorority bow? Guilty as charged and I loved it. You haven’t lived until the size of the bow on your head is comparable to the size of your actual head.
If you’re looking to add a little prep school pep in your step, these six pieces are a guaranteed grown-up way to go back, back, back to school again.
1. A gorgeous stadium-cloth jacket to help you stay true to your school – or at least stand out at pep rallies. ($169)
3. Tod’s sophisticated new take on the old-school satchel, for those of us with dream budgets! ($1,595)
4. Who needs saddle shoes when you have Everlane’s modern loafer? ($165)
5. Skip to work or class in an adorably retro peter pan collar. ($44.50)
6. Plaid’s not just a fad my friends – and at this price, you can afford to make it a staple. ($16.99)